Tuesday, September 06, 2011

FAITH REVEALED ......BEYOND FACEBOOK......

Hello People,

It is another occasion for updates and sharing what the Lord has been laying upon my heart as I continue to listen to Him. I have been encouraged by the many "GOOD THINGS" AND "GOOD WORDS" found on facebook and on the internet, and the Lord has used it in an amazing way for which I am deeply grateful. However as I sat down and contemplate on issues I realised that there are many whose faith are confined to facebook, emails and the confines of their comfort zone, it is never revealed and was never seen. Its known as my "PRIVATE FAITH". It is never seen or shared since it is a Private faith. This thought has challenged me to think about my own faith. Is it relevent? Is it worth having this faith (in the Lord Jesus) and living it? Is it worth sharing? In most cases I find myself and many Christians sharing their struggles with one another and finding difficulty is trying to share their faith. It seems that every challenge in life either shake our faith or strengthen it. I realised that in my conversation with many it does strengthen our faith and in some cases it created doubt and fear. My question then is what or where do I put my faith in? Is my faith base just in a set of beliefs or a belief system, or is my faith base on my walk and my trust in Jesus? A belief system or a set of beliefs has no foundation or reality. A belief system give us religion but believing in Christ gives us a relationship. A belief system can only reveal religiosity and not reality. What is real is Jesus. If we have not had a relationship with Jesus than there is no basis for faith and it cannot be revealed. What can and should be revealed is Christ in us and not a Christian belief in us. A revealed faith is revealing Christ and our relationship to Him, and this word "CHRIST" must be made flesh as we dwell amongst men and women so that they can see His glory and give praise to the Father as well as putting their trust in Him whom they have seen in and through our lives. This is such a great challenge to my soul and to my faith. My faith should be revealed so as to fulfill what Jesus said about you and I being "The Light of the World" and the Salt of the earth". It is not meant to be a hidden faith, not behind facebook, the internet or in the confines of our comfort zone. I must than "GO"....and make disciples of all nations and "BE A WITNESS" in Jerusalem, in Judea, in Samaria and to the Uttermost parts of the earth or to wherever the Lord send me. This is where I know I can say "I BELIEVE IN JESUS!!!" Of course the Lord does understand if our circumstances hinders us from doing so, otherwise we are really without much excuse. I know I don't have one. Do you my brothers and sisters? It is a challenge for me. Something for me to continually pray about and give myself to. He is merciful, gracious and slow to anger but I must not be stiff neck and put Him to the test. LORD LEAD ME.

Kenny Gan

No comments: